The Laboratory carries on research activities at the forefront of various disciplines. These include:
- astrophysics (computational astrophysics, gravitational waves, numerical relativity)
- relativistic theory of gravity and cosmology (quantum field in curved space-time, physics of black holes and Hawking radiation, cosmological models, inflation and dark energy)
- particle physics (astroparticle models and data analysis)
- theoretical and computational nuclear physics and related area (Ab-initio methods for bound state and reaction observables in few- and many-body systems; applications to nuclei, hypernuclei, low-dimensional many-electron systems, quantum fluids and solids; hadron physics in the parton model, light front Hamiltonian dynamics)
- Bose-Einstein condensation and ultracold atomic gases (superfluidity in Bose and Fermi gases, coherence and disorder, spinor and dipolar gases, low dimensional physics, Monte Carlo simulations, quantum fluids of light)
- statistical and computational physics of biomolecules.
The research activity benefits from important national and international collaborations with other Institutes and Research Centers. At the local level these include: the Trento Institute for Fundamental Physics and Application (TIFPA) , the European Center for Theoretical Research in Nuclear Physics and Related Areas (ECT*), the INO-CNR Center on Bose-Einstein Condensation (BEC), the Interdisciplinary Laboratory for Computational Science (LISC).
|Professors||Franco Dalfovo, Pietro Faccioli, Bruno Giacomazzo, Stefano Giorgini, Gianluca Lattanzi, Winfried Leidemann, Giuseppina Orlandini, Francesco Pederiva, Sandro Stringari, Luciano Vanzo|
|Researcher||Raffaello Potestio, Massimiliano Rinaldi|
|Postdocs||Salvatore Butera, Tommaso Comparin (CNR-INO), Alberto Gallemì Camacho|
|PhD students||Gianfranco Abrusci, Ivan Amelio, Paolo Andreatta, Lorenzo Andreoli, Alessandro Casalino, Stefano Chinaglia, Aimeric Colleaux, Giacomo Colzi, Andrea Endrizzi, Arturo Farolfi, Eleonora Fava, Luca Giacomelli, Elia Macaluso, Miki Ota, Fabrizio Larcher, Carmelo Mordini, Simone Orioli, Luca Parisi, Luca Riz, Michele Turelli|
|Technical staff||Giuseppe Froner|